The Sunflower Philosophy
The MoneyMuseum is backed by the Sunflower Foundation, the name of which did not come about by chance. It expresses the philosophy on which the MoneyMuseum as well as the activities of Jürg Conzett generally, who initiated the foundation, are based. The sunflower stands for generosity, balance, harmony and abundance in a positive sense, but also for coincidence and individuality.
- 1 Intro
- 2 Fibonacci, his numbers, his geometry
- 3 The golden section and its relatives
- 4 The pentagram
- 5 The Fibonacci numbers in nature
- 6 The golden section in architecture and art
- 7 The Fibonacci numbers and Mandelbrot's fractals
- 8 Fibonacci in the equity market
- 9 The quintessence of the sunflower
For the full text, please look at this presentation.
The name Sunflower Foundation was not chosen haphazardly. It expresses the philosophy on which the MoneyMuseum is based. The sunflower stands for munificence, balance, harmony and abundance in the positive sense, but also for chance and individuality.
The sunflower is built up on a mathematical algorithm: the sunflower's flower head consists of a large number of seeds arranged in several clockwise and counterclockwise spirals. The number of spirals always corresponds to the Fibonacci series.